Milwaukee Electrical Panel Installation
Expert Electrical Service Panel & Circuit Breaker Solutions
When was the last time you thought about your electrical system? If you are like most homeowners, chances are, it has been a while. However, an outdated or malfunctioning service panel or circuit breaker can pose risks to your property and safety, not to mention numerous hassles like blown fuses—so it is important to be proactive about your system.
Our highly trained electricians in Milwaukee want to keep you and your family safe while helping your service panel grow with your home’s ever-expanding needs. Current Electric Co. offers comprehensive panel and circuit breaker repair, installation, replacement, and upgrades for homes throughout the local community. With over 35 years of industry experience, we are electrical experts, who can answer any and all of your electric system questions.
Call (262) 214-5598 now to schedule an electrical panel installation or upgrade in Milwaukee. .
Can a Circuit Breaker Go Bad?
Circuit breakers can show signs declining performance over the years and it is important to consider replacement if you see certain indications of deterioration. Flickering or blinking lights, fire or smoke in the switches or appliances, frequently malfunctioning or damaged appliances, and physical damage near the breaker could be cause for replacement.
How Long Do Circuit Breakers Last?
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the lifespan of electrical breakers is typically between 30-40 years. Electricity issues such poor power ratings or fluctuating voltages are all factors that will affect how long your circuit breaker lasts. In order to increase the life expectancy of your circuit breaker, monitor and take measures to improve factors like amp magnitude, switching rates, preventative maintenance, and environmental impacts.
How Do You Know if a Circuit Breaker Needs to Be Replaced?
You will need to replace a circuit breaker if it gives off a burning smell or you see visible damage, worn-out wires, or hot to the touch. If you are experiencing any of these issues, call our Milwaukee electricians to perform and inspect today.
What Are Signs of a Bad Circuit Breaker?
Eliminate potential safety hazards as well as frustrating and recurring electrical issues by learning how to tell if you have a bad breaker. By understanding signs you should keep on your radar, you can better protect expensive appliances, your electrical system as a whole, and most importantly, your family from associated dangers.
Here are key signs of a bad circuit breaker:
- Noticing blinking or flickering lights inside your home
- Experiencing poor performance or interruptions with appliances
- Regularly replacing light bulbs since they're quickly burning out
- Smelling an electrical burning odor originating from your panel
- Uncovering physical damage, like scorch marks or melted wiring
- Struggling with frequent and frustrating circuit breaker trips
- Having an outdated breaker incapable of providing sufficient power
- Feeling heat coming from your breaker when experiencing issues
Why Upgrade Your Service Panel?
If your home was built before 1960, it's possible that you have a fuse box instead of a panel, which may not be sufficient in powering your home. Additionally, if you have an older service panel, it is more likely to require frequent and costly repair.
Our skilled and trustworthy team will perform a detailed inspection of your panel system and offer our honest recommendations to help you make the most informed decision for your home.
Here are three benefits of upgrading your service panel:
- Increase your circuit capacity: Whether you're planning a home remodel or upgrading appliances, it's likely you'll need to add circuits to your system. However, if your panel doesn't have space for extra circuits, an upgrade will be necessary for a successful remodel.
- Enhanced safety features: Eliminate the risk of electrical shock or arcs thanks to modern service panels. They are code-compliant and can combine AFCI and GFCI breakers for the perfect indoor/outdoor solution.
- Improve your property value: Hiring an experienced electrician to upgrade your service panel is an easy and hassle-free way to help maximize the value of your home.
Choose Current Electric Co. for All Your Service Panel & Circuit Breaker Needs
Our goal is to provide honest, high-quality, and long-lasting electrical service that our community can count on. That is why we are proud to offer detailed service panel inspections in addition to our reliable installation and upgrade services. Whether you want to catch a problem before it affects your safety, or you are ready to start the panel upgrade process today, our team is ready to get the job done right.
Our team is standing by to solve your service panel or circuit breaker problem. If you are concerned that your circuit breaker has gone bad, please call our Milwaukee electricians at (262) 214-5598 or fill out our easy online form today!