Since 2018, the purpose of Current Cares has been:
To support small, local non-profits and community groups by providing services and other forms of tangible support to help our neighbors and the communities in which we live.
Current Cares is the philanthropic arm of Current Electric
The Current Cares Steering Committee is composed of five Current Electric employee volunteers, all serving one-year terms. They’re tasked to evaluate support opportunities and determine how the annual Current Cares budget will be distributed.
The Current Cares Steering Committee chooses to support one charity/community group per quarter.
The selected charity/community group will receive the following:
- $500 donation
- Video interview and introduction to the organization posted on Current Electric website and social media channels. Plus, the video will be shared to local media.
- A press release announcing the donation shared to local media.
- Bi-monthly social media mentions encouraging donations to the charity/community group.
The Current Cares Steering Committee may also support the selected charity/community group by volunteering at the organization’s events.
Definitions / Guidelines
- Small non-profit: a 501-C3 non-profit that consists of less than five employees and utilizes no more than 25% of donations for administrative costs.
- Community group: a volunteer organization that has as its mission the enhancement of life
- Local: Geographically located within the market area that Current Electric serves. Today, this means the Milwaukee-metro area.
Current Cares was not established to support organizations of a primarily political nature, nor organizations that support initiatives counter to the Current Electric Vision, Mission or Points of Culture.
Apply For A Job Apply Now
Contact Us Today Get In Touch
View Our Reviews Read Reviews