Outdoor safety lighting is one of the most essential parts of your home’s security system. A home is broken into every 18 seconds in the United States. Even then, many homeowners think they will somehow be immune to the threat of intruders. What they don’t know is that a lack of exterior lighting in key areas of your home’s exterior leaves it so much more likely to attract intruders. A dimly lit front or back of the home can make a home so much more at risk, especially at nightfall when an intruder can navigate through your property undetected. If this currently applies to your home, you should not waste a single moment this season in getting what you need to keep safe. It will be difficult enjoying life in your home at all if there are exposed areas outside that will easily put the well-being of your family in jeopardy. One small addition to your home’s exterior will go a long way in ensuring you are able to relax this season without issue. But you need to call a professional who can guarantee electrical safety as soon as possible, or else this fall may turn out to be a cautious one.
Calling Current Electric For Top-Notch Service
If you are looking for a local electrical company ready to meet your needs, you should make Current Electric your number-one choice for service this fall. Our electricians offer amazing customer service ensuring you have the outdoor safety lighting just right for your home. We offer lighting options that will both boost home security and aesthetic, allowing your place of residence to shine much brighter at night. When you consider just how differently any passerby can view a home due to a few exterior lighting upgrades, one phone calls our way can mean all the difference in property value. Exterior lighting that looks out for the safety of everyone in your household will make it much more of an attractive option on the market for buyers.
4 Things To Consider Before Installation
Though you should install outdoor safety lighting in your home immediately, you need to make sure you are purchasing the lighting just right for your home. Before you make any purchases, please consider the following:
- GFCI Outlets: As with any electrical fixture you install, you need to consider installing ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlets for outdoor safety lighting to prevent the threat of electrocution. GFCI outlets are perfect for areas in and out of the home where water and electricity mix, as they will shut off power once they detect any irregular flow of currents.
- Outdoor Bulbs and Cords: You cannot simply just install any type of light bulb or extension cord for outdoor safety lighting. Before you make a purchase, you need to read the fine print on products to determine if bulbs and cords are ready to handle any less than ideal weather conditions so you are not spending more money on electrical repair in the future.
- Keep Any Clutter Away: Watch out for any flammable material surrounding outdoor lighting fixtures. If your chosen area of installation is littered with leaves or shrubbery, make sure they are kept a safe distance away from electrical fixtures. One tiny spark from the fixture may cause a huge fire.
- Purchase Weather-Resistant Receptacles: Light bulbs and extension cords are not the only things needing to be weather-resistant. You also need to make sure you install receptacles that can endure any rough weather like wind and rain while still offering high-quality electrical performance.
What Types Of Outdoor Safety Lighting Should You Install?
There are certainly plenty of lighting options available for you, but the team at Current Electric would consider these 4 types some of the most essential to your home's safety:
- Motion Sensor Lighting: Motion sensor lighting is one of the most effective types of exterior lighting available. Motion sensors will flash immediately once they detect any movement on your property, even scaring intruders away with how quickly they will turn on. However, for the most effective use, please mount this lighting close to your home, so you are not alarming any cars or passersby on the street.
- Flood Lighting: Floodlights will provide great upfront safety benefits, allowing for no spaces to hide on your property. It makes your home extremely visible at night and ensures intruders will be kept far, far away. In addition, it is one of the most effective ways to boost home aesthetic, allowing you to cast up and down lighting to shed new light on your property’s plants.
- Pathway/Driveway Lighting: If you find yourself in an emergency situation where you will have to leave your home, pathway or driveway lighting will provide a safer pathway so you avoid injury. Some homeowners will think an intruder won’t dare to enter a home through the front but if there is no exterior lighting, it becomes all the more susceptible to a break-in. Installing this lighting will ensure they stay far away from your home.
- Outdoor Hanging Lights: This type of lighting is also perfect for protecting the front of our home. Outdoor hanging lights can be installed in front porches and doorways to let passersby know that someone is home. It provides you with a much safer way to enter and exit your home, as well as shedding light on even the smaller features of your home.
DON’T GET CAUGHT IN THE DARK THIS FALL – SCHEDULE YOUR OUTDOOR SAFETY LIGHTING INSTALLATION TODAY
Contact Current Electric today if you want install any of these options or to have one of our electricians tell you more about outdoor safety lighting!